There are so many different theories regarding drinking water. I write blogs to simplify Ayurveda literature knowledge . My main purpose is to make people aware about the benefits of the Ayurveda because Ayurveda is a blessing of God to man kind but I am surprised that why people take this deep knowledge of Ayurveda forgranted. This kind of human mindset result in occurrence of so many diseases that even many new diseases have not got any permanent name. So it’s a high time to follow Ayurveda rules to live a healthy life.
There are following rules of Ayurveda to drink water :
(1) PURE WATER : First of all, take care about the purity of water. Water is the base of life. Our body contains 70 percent of water. So it’s very important that one must drink pure water.
(2) SUFFICIENT QUANTITY OF WATER : (a) Drink atleast 8 glasses of water daily.
(b) According to Ayurveda, while eating food it is important that half part of stomach should be filled with solid part of food and 1/4 th of stomach with water and keep 1/4 th of stomach empty.
(c) If you drink water before food then that will help you to lose weight and if you drink water after food then that will make fat and also cause indigestion. So it’s a good decision to drink water after 30min of food. But if you drink water in between the food then that will maintain your good health . Take small sips of water in between the food.
(3) According to Ayurveda, Take Luke warm water empty stomach during early morning . Don’t take very hot water as that will cause constipation.
(4) Drink normal natural pure water. Don’t take ice cold freezer water because that can only give you pleasure for sometime but that doesn’t favour to maintain good health.
(5) In winter when there is more chances of respiratory tract problems it is a better idea to drink Luke warm water. because respiratory tract is the site of kapha dosha. In Ayurveda it is believed that kapha dosha can be maintained in normal form by drinking like warm water in winter season.
INDICATIONS FOR COLD WATER :
According to Ayurveda Physician Acharya sushruta, cold water is indicated in person who went through intense heat exposure, Alcoholic condition , fainting, Dizziness and nausea .
INDICATIONS FOR HOT WATER :
When there is pain in muscles of both side of chest, in case of common cold. During conditions like pain in throat, indigestion, even after vomiting and in first seven days of fever. So these are the conditions where hot water is indicated by Ayurveda physician.
So being an Ayurveda physician I believe that every person has right to stay fit and happy.